Activities & Events Assistant – 13 hours per week
£7,098.00 per annum (£10.50ph)
This exciting role of Events & Activities Assistant is to support the Duty Manager with our exciting range of activities & events. From locking people up in our prison themed escape rooms, to running our adrenaline-packed iCombat sessions, you’ll be heavily involved in all the various events and activities that Shrewsbury Prison has to offer.
This role requires first class delivery, great customer service and the ability to pick up new skills, like throwing axes!
The role is 13 hours per week, working weekends only (apart from occasional optional overtime during the week/school holidays). The salary for this role is £7,098.00.
- Having a full knowledge of all products, tours and activities available at Shrewsbury Prison
- Learning and supporting large events, such as Prison Break, by playing a character
- Learning and running all activities such as Escape Rooms, Axe throwing, iCombat, Archery Wars, and more!
- Supporting the events team with Night Behind Bars
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and secure manner
- Ensuring activities are conducted at a high standard
- Working as part of a team and maintaining communication with fellow colleagues and actors during events
- Able to work well under pressure
- In possession of great customer service skills
- Customer service
- Some events experience would be an advantage
Cleaner – 32 hours per week
£17,472.00 per annum (£10.50ph)
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Cleaner at Shrewsbury Prison.
From contributing to customer experience, to maintaining the upkeep of the staff offices to support productivity, this varied role is vital to maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the site.
The role is 32 hours per week, with a salary of £17,472.00.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the cleanliness across the attraction
- Vacuuming, spot checking and shampooing carpets
- Ensuring toilet facilities are always adequately clean, including replenishing essential items
- Sweeping and mopping floors and cells as required
- Supporting the cleanliness of interactive spaces
- Dusting, disinfecting and polishing surfaces, bars, desks and tables
- Cleaning communal staff areas and staff offices
- Managing the stock and storage of cleaning items
- Removing waste from site, including emptying bins and litter picking
- Supporting with laundry services
- Cleaning education and corporate spaces
- Reporting any cleanliness/health and safety/repair issues to line manager promptly
- Any additional cleaning tasks required
- Self – motivated
- Positive work ethic
- Self – managed
- Be able to follow a structure
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in previous cleaning roles
- Understanding of COSHH and cleaning supplies
Shrewsbury Prison is a heritage-led tourist attraction. Built in 1791 and servicing as Shropshire’s county’s prison, until its closure in 2013. Opening in 2015, Shrewsbury Prison began its journey of developing into a heritage attraction. It is now considered the World’s Most Interactive Prison, alongside being Shropshire’s Number 1 Tourist Destination, and the World’s 6th Dark Tourist Attraction. Shrewsbury Prison provides visitors an authentic Georgian, Victorian, and modern-day prison experience, led by Prison Officers with a wealth of experience and time ‘served’. There are a wide range of tours, activities and events happening at the prison, as well as education visits, team building, private hire, and production usage.
What we offer
Our employees’ experience and development is imperative to us, and we are proud to be an inclusive, flexible, and employee-led employer.
As standard, our employees receive:
- Employee discount
- Free lunch
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme access
- On-site parking
- Access to a library of on-line training courses
If you’d like to apply for a role, or would like more information, please email your CV to Human Resources at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!