October Half Term at Shrewsbury Prison
This October, experience over 200 years of spooktacular history, with fun activities for all ages!
If you’re looking for a family day out with a difference, you’re in the right place. Explore the whole prison at your leisure, take photos and ‘CELL’fies and enjoy a wide range of fun family activities as you soak up the atmosphere of this amazing Victorian prison.
Kids Go Free on Self-Guided Tours
During October Half Term Children Go Free with each paying adult (T&Cs apply).
Your family will be given a visitor guide and map, as you explore around the prison use the sound boxes to learn the facts and history of the prison. The information boards add a fascinating background detail to your visit with staff always available to point you in the right direction and answer any questions you may have.
20% Off all Escape Rooms
During October Half Term get 20% off all Escape Rooms (T&Cs apply).
With two different themes to choose from, all our escape rooms offer fully immersive state-of-the-art experiences with fun filled, puzzle-based games in real prison cells, with your own Prison Officer.
To receive your 20% discount when booking
Use Code – HALESCAPE
Kids eat FREE in our Prison Restaurant
During the October half term, every child meal is FREE when purchased with an adult meal (T&Cs apply).
Offering a wide range of snacks, light bites, hot meals, children’s menu and hot and cold drinks. Plus our popular homemade cakes are freshly prepared in our kitchen, so why not treat yourself as part of your visit?
Book your Half Term Activities Now
- Explore the prison at your own pace
- Discover 200 years of history
- Great for all ages
- Shropshire’s Number 1 Attraction
- FREE child entry
The Cell Escape Room
- Escape a real prison cell
- State-of-the-art puzzle-based game
- Perfect for escape room first timers
- 20% off use code –
The Hole Escape Room
- Unique location
- Challenging for all ages
- Great for escape room enthusiasts
- 20% off use code –
FASCINATING TALES FROM BEHIND THE BARS
Shrewsbury Prison is one of the UK’s most notorious Victorian prisons which welcomes over 300 prisoners across 194 cells and two wings. Steeped in history and jaw-dropping true stories, look forward to a unique insight into life behind bars.
From infamous prison escapes to coldblooded crimes and the day-to-day activities of the inmates; Shrewsbury Prison is full of unforgettable stories that will amaze and astound you!
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Terms & Conditions
‘Kids Go Free on Self-Guided Tours’
- Free child entry on Self-Guided Tours with every paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 child tickets for every 1 paying adult on Self-Guided Tours.
- Children must be between the ages of 5-15 years old. (Under 5s do not require a ticket).
- Children must be accompanied by a full paying responsible adult.
- Can be used alongside ‘Kids Eat Free’ Offer Only
‘Kids Eat Free’
- A free child meal for every adult meal purchased in our prison restaurant.
- The child’s meal must be ordered from the existing children’s menu and the adult’s meal must be ordered from the existing adult’s menu.
- This promotional offer excludes drinks, cakes and snacks.
- Offer applies to children 15 and under.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Can be used alongside ‘Kids Go Free’ Offer Only
- 20% discount is available for online bookings only